Roesing, MBA/MA BA/BA
- Decades in arts management, operations, and production in both traditional and alternative venues.
- Knowledge of most utilized software suites and platforms across several disciplines.
- Wide range of tech experience ranging from coding and graphic design to audiovisual and stage equipment.
- At home in fast-paced, multitasking environments requiring both technical and managerial skills.
- Professional writer with experience in private, state, and federal grants, as well as sponsorship packaging.
Content Creator; Roesing Ape, 1995 – 2023| Portland OR | www.roesingape.org
- Expanded an online source for experimental music and sound through international distributors resulting in over 38 million streams as background audio in social media apps worldwide.
Director of Revenue & Community Partnerships; White Bird Dance, 2017 – 2019 | Portland OR | www.whitebird.org
- Consulted on all budgeting and management decisions in preparation for founder transition. Coordinated across all departments to streamline and cut costs. Managed all fundraising events and campaigns.
Director of Development; Climate Theatre, 2013 – 2017 | San Francisco CA | www.climatetheater.com
- Managed all social media content, bricks & mortar outreach and private/public grant research. Attained California Data Project compliance, federal exemption compliance and oversaw fiscal sponsorships.
Operations Manager; Zaccho Dance Theatre, 2015 – 2016 | San Francisco CA | www.zaccho.org
- Managed day-to-day operations, HR, contract writing/negotiations, infrastructure budgets, purchasing, and biweekly payroll. Oversaw staff of 5. Maintained Salesforce, Constant Contact, and Mindbody Online CRMs.
Manager; Rosebud’s Organics, 2013 – 2015 | San Francisco CA
- Managed daily operations, accounting, HR, and assisted in sales for a boutique indoor marijuana farm supplying dispensaries in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Consulting; Various, 2010 – 2015 | San Francisco CA | Portland OR
- How Weird Street Fair community engagement (2015), black box theatre stage technician (2013), Interim General Manager of SF Choral Artists (2013), custom WordPress turnkey site for Portland Taiko (2012).
Program Director; Motion Institute, 2012 – 2013 | San Francisco CA | www.motioninstitute.com
- Saw to all administrative functions, grant writing and tracking, and administration/setup of Salesforce CRM.
Special Projects/Uncaged Manager; White Bird Dance, 2008 – 2010 | Portland OR | www.whitebird.org
- Managed the two-year Uncaged series in eight venues, coordinating with 25 nonprofits, Oversaw 15 volunteers, graduate and undergraduate Interns; migrated all data from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce.
Director of Development; Madcap Productions, 2006 – 2007 | Cincinnati OH | www.madcappuppets.com
- Directed all grants, major donors and individual giving campaigns; increased contributed income by 150% to a development budget of $220,000; administration/setup of eTapestry CRM.
Executive Director; Art Damage Inc., 2005 – 2007 | Cincinnati OH | www.artdamage.org
- Incorporation, board recruitment, federal 501(c)(3) tax exempt status; developed events featuring local, national and international artists; executive director, technical director, web media manager.
Assistant to the Executive Director; Starling Project Foundation, 2004 – 2006 | Cincinnati OH | www.starling.org
- Event management, office management, IT management, development tracking and web management.
Marketing/PR Assistant; Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 2002 – 2004 | Cincinnati OH | www.cincyplay.com
- Public displays, press releases and end-of-run kits; data entry, maintained and upgraded the website and database; authored in-house employee newsletter; recruited local businesses to subscriber rewards program.
Volunteer Activities: Show Host, KFFP LP FM 90.3 Freeform Portland 2018; Board Treasurer, Climate Theatre 2013 – 2017; Fundraising Consultant, Black Rock Lighthouse Service 2016; Relationship Management Director, YNPNsfba 2012 – 2013; Board Member, Backline 2008 – 09; Poster Design, Profile Theatre 2007–08; Intern, Mahaiwe Arts Center 2006.
Education: Master of Arts – University of Cincinnati CCM & Master of Business Administration, University of Cincinnati College of Business – 2006 | Bachelor of Arts Theatre & Bachelor of Arts French, Northern Kentucky University – 2002
Awards: Regional Arts & Culture Council Night Lights grant, Oct. 2018; SCORE Cincinnati, Cecil Boatwright Memorial Award, Graduate Case Competition, 2006; SBI (Small Business Institute) Graduate Case Competition, National Graduate Specialized, 3rd Place, 2006.
Photo Credits: American Theatre Magazine, Feb. 2016; Inside Arts, Conference Issue 2012; Inside Arts, January/February 2010; Cover Photography, Just Out, Vol. 27 #5 January 8, 2010; Dance Magazine, June 2009;